Oven Roasted Asparagus Recipe
Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Check out this healthy recipe from our team of registered dietitians and nutrition educators.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus (medium-thick spears) washed and trimmed, dry
- 2-3 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of ¼ fresh lemon
- Optional: 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Arrange the asparagus spears in a single layer on a roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil, then rub the oil over the asparagus spears to make sure they are evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven at 425 degrees F for 10-20 minutes, or until asparagus browns on the outside but is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drizzle with fresh lemon juice and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if using.
Look for bright green or violet-tinged spears with firm (not limp) stems. Make sure the tips are closed and compact. To help asparagus stay fresh, trim the ends of the stalks before you put it in the refrigerator. Wrap a damp paper towel around the ends of the spears to help retain moisture.
Nutrition per serving (per 1 cup serving)
58 calories, 4g fat, 1g saturated fat, 4g carbohydrate, 3g protein, 2g fiber, 167mg sodium
Download a printable version of this recipe
To view more healthy recipes and nutrition-related information from the nutrition experts at Bronson, click here.