Parmesan Dill Asparagus Fries Recipe
Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Check out this healthy recipe from our team of registered dietitians and nutrition educators.
- 1 pound asparagus, washed, trimmed and dried
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4-1/3 cup corn flake crumbs or panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3-4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- Optional: 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the beaten egg in a shallow dish or bowl.
- In another shallow dish, combine the dry ingredients (corn flake crumbs or panko crumbs, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper, dill and salt, if using).
- Dip the asparagus spears into the beaten egg, then roll them in the topping.
- Place the coated asparagus on a baking tray and roast in the oven until golden brown, about 12-20 minutes depending on the size of the spears.
If you don’t have nutritional yeast, add more cornflake crumbs and grated parmesan. If you don’t have fresh dill, use 1 teaspoon dried dill weed.
Look for bright green or violet-tinged asparagus spears with firm stems. Make sure the tips are compact. Thin asparagus will not work well in this recipe. Choose spears of medium-thickness.
Nutrition per serving (per ½ cup serving)
96 calories, 3g fat, 1g saturated fat, 11g carbohydrate, 8g protein, 6.5g fiber, 156mg sodium
Download a printable version of this recipe
To view more healthy recipes and nutrition-related information from the nutrition experts at Bronson, click here.