Roasted Garlic Recipe
Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Check out this healthy recipe from our team of registered dietitians and nutrition educators.
- Two large garlic bulbs (about 8-10 cloves each)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Remove loose, paper-like skin around the garlic bulb. Don't peel.
- Leaving the clove intact, cut the pointed ends off the garlic bulbs Put the bulb, cut side up, on a piece of foil.
- Drizzle the bulbs with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap the bulbs tightly in the foil so the oil doesn’t leak out. Place the wrapped bulbs on a baking tray and bake at 400 degrees F for 40-60 minutes or until the cloves are tender and jam-like.
- Cool the roasted garlic for ten minutes.
- Remove the garlic bulbs from the foil packet. The garlic should now be soft and buttery in texture. Gently squeeze the roasted garlic into a small bowl. Discard the paper-like skins.
- Spread on warm or toasted bread instead of butter.
- Make roasted garlic mashed potatoes.
- Mix it into a bowl of fresh steamed green beans or peas.
- Spread a little over corn on the cob.
- Mix it into butter for less fat and more flavor.
- Add to a grilled cheese sandwich before cooking.
- Stir into homemade soup.
Nutrition per serving (1/2 cup servings)
76 calories, 3g fat, 1g sat fat, 15g carbohydrate, 9g protein, 1g fiber, 100mg sodium, 0mg cholesterol
Download a printable version of this recipe
To view more healthy recipes and nutrition-related information from the nutrition experts at Bronson, click here.