Southwest Michigan Enrollment Events Help Uninsured Meet March 31 Deadline
The March 31 deadline for enrolling in the new Healthcare Exchange is fast approaching. Two community groups, Enroll Kalamazoo and Regional Health Alliance Access to Care, are providing free, in-person and virtual assistance during a series of upcoming events to help people navigate their options and get enrolled.
Certified Application Counselors will be available at local libraries for one-on-one help to answer questions about cost, care provider options and more. Attendees will need to provide a social security number or document number for immigrants, personal income information and policy numbers for any current health insurance plan they may already have. No appointment is necessary.
Application Counselor Visit Schedule
- March 10 - Comfort Inn of Battle Creek, 11 am - 7 pm
- March 10 - Albion District Library, 11a.m. - 7 p.m.
- March 10 - Marshall District Library, 11 a.m. - 7 .pm.
- March 12 - Oshtemo Community Center, 1p.m. - 6p.m
- March 13- Parchment Public Library, 2 p.m.-7p.m.
- March 17 - Comfort Inn of Battle Creek, 11 am - 7 pm
- March 17 - Albion District Library, 1 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- March 18- Bronson LakeView Hospital, 11a.m. – 7 p.m.
- March 19 - Portage Public Library, 1p.m. - 6p.m
- March 24- Albion District Library, 1 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- March 24 - Comfort Inn of Battle Creek, 11 am - 7 pm
- March 26 - Comstock Township Library, 2 p.m.-7p.m.
For those who are unable to attend in person, online help is available. Wednesday night webinars will be held on Wednesday, March 19, 7pm – 9pm to cover the basics of the Affordable Care Act, cost sharing reductions and tax credits and how to set up an account and enroll. Call (844) 736-7055 to sign up for a webinar.
Another new low-cost health insurance option for Michigan residents with lower incomes is the Healthy Michigan Plan. Enrollment for this plan will begin in April 2014. For information about the Healthy Michigan Plan, go to www.michigan.gov/mdch or call 517-373-3740.
About Enroll Kalamazoo
Enroll Kalamazoo is a collaborative effort to improve access to healthcare through the coordination of education and outreach activities. Formed in November, 2013, the organization provides coordination for community agencies engaged in education and healthcare enrollment activities related to Health Insurance Marketplaces and Medicaid Expansion.
Contact Enroll Kalamazoo by calling (269) 341-6104, or visiting enrollkalamazoocounty.com or find them on Facebook, at facebook.com/enroll.kalamazoo.
Enroll Kalamazoo partners include Bronson Healthcare, Kalamazoo Community Mental Health & Substance Abuse, Kalamazoo Health & Community Services, Senior Services, Family & Children Services, Comstock Community Center, Family Health Center of Kalamazoo, Ministry with Community, Borgess Health, 211, United Way, Western Michigan University, CARES, United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region, Sindecuse Health Center, Mt. Zion Baptist Church, Portage Public Library and Planned Parenthood.