Stop the Spread of Germs
It’s flu season and that means an increased risk of spreading germs everywhere you go. There are several ways to help prevent the spread of germs.
To protect yourself and others, we ask that you do the following:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Or, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve and not your hands. Put your used tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands frequently. Use soap and warm water for 20 seconds. Or, clean with alcohol-based gel or foam.
- If you are visiting one of our hospitals, we ask that you wear a surgical mask if you have a fever or cough. Ask a staff member for a mask.
Need to get your flu shot?
Bronson Healthcare reminds the community that getting a flu vaccination is one of the best ways to prevent the flu. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that everyone age six months and older get a flu vaccination. The vaccine is available at various Bronson locations. Fees vary based on the location, type of flu vaccine and your insurance coverage.
Bronson is offering flu vaccines at the following locations (must be 13 years or older):
- Bronson FastCare: 5121 S. Westnedge Ave. (Inside Meijer) in Portage. Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Bronson Outpatient Pharmacy - Kalamazoo: 601 John St. (first floor of downtown Kalamazoo south campus). Call (269) 341-6990 for an appointment. Hours: Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Bronson ProHealth: 6789 Elm Valley Drive in Kalamazoo, Monday and Wednesday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. (closed noon to 1 p.m.) and Friday, 7 a.m. to noon; 820 John St., Kalamazoo, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.; 13326 N. Boulevard St., Vicksburg Hours: Seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Bronson Vicksburg Outpatient Center Emergency Department: 13326 N. Boulevard St. Hours: Seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
Van Buren County
- Bronson Outpatient Pharmacy – Mattawan: 52375 N. Main St. (located in the Bronson LakeView Family Care Mattawan building). Monday through Friday, 1 to 3 p.m. or by appointment. Pharmacy Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Call (269) 668-6205 for an appointment.
- Bronson ProHealth - Paw Paw: 505 Hazen St. Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed noon to 1 p.m.
Looking for a Bronson doctor? For a complete list of providers at Bronson, visit bronsonhealth.com/find-a-doctor or call Bronson HealthAnswers at (269) 341-7723.