Sweet Potato and Chickpea Salad Recipe
Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Check out this healthy recipe from our team of registered dietitians and nutrition educators.
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed, drained (approx. 1 ¼ cups drained)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 small or one large sweet potato, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cumin, coriander, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, cayenne powder and sesame oil in a medium size bowl. Add rinsed chickpeas and toss to coat. Spread evenly on baking sheet.
- Toss diced sweet potatoes with olive oil to coat. Spread evenly on a second baking sheet.
- Bake both chickpeas and sweet potatoes for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and chickpeas are crispy.
- Once potatoes and chickpeas are done roasting, let cool for 5 minutes, then combine with red onion, parsley and lemon juice. Toss until well combined. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition per serving (per 1 cup serving)
120 calories, 4g fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 15.3g carbohydrate, 3.1g protein, 2.9g fiber, 147mg sodium
Download a printable version of this recipe
To view more healthy recipes and nutrition-related information from the nutrition experts at Bronson, click here.