Tex Mex Quinoa Salad Recipe
Making healthy food choices is one way to Be Well and live a healthy lifestyle. At Bronson, we offer a variety of nutrition services for nearly every need. Check out this healthy recipe from our team of registered dietitians and nutrition educators.
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped peppers (any color)
- 2-4 tablespoons diced green onion
- ¼ cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ fresh lime, juiced
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon, low sodium Tajin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: fresh, chopped cilantro
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, reducing the water/liquid by 25 percent.
- Once quinoa is cooked, gently toss it with a fork every 5 minutes to let the steam escape. Do this for 15-20 minutes. Do not stir!
- In a medium size bowl combine 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa, olive oil, spices and lime juice. Stir gently, but well.
- Fold in the corn, black beans, peppers, green onion and chopped tomatoes.
- Check taste. If desired, season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately or chill for later.
Nutrition per serving (per ¾ cup serving)
198 calories, 6.5g fat, 1g sat fat, 30g carbohydrate, 7g protein, 6.5g fiber, 140mg sodium
Download a printable version of this recipe
To view more healthy recipes and nutrition-related information from the nutrition experts at Bronson, click here.