Keeping patient information private is very important to us. There may be times, however, when a patient wants us to share information about his or her condition with family or friends.
- To name someone you would like to receive information about your condition, you need to sign a Notice of Privacy Practices form.
- You may choose up to two people.
- Each contact person you choose will receive a card with a patient identification number (PIN).
- When the contact person calls Bronson, he or she will need to state their name, the patient's name and the PIN number.
- Another way to keep friends and families informed of your condition is CaringBridge®, a free service that allows you to create a personal Web page to write journal entries or share photos.