We respect the rights and human dignity of each patient. And we’ll do whatever it takes to make your experience at Bronson as positive as possible.
As a Bronson patient, you have the right to:
- Information you can understand
- Dignified, respectful, personal care
- A reasonable response to your requests
- Pain relief
- Decide whether to accept or refuse treatment
- Be told the risks of treatment
- Be told what will happen if you refuse treatment
- Have your medical treatment and records be kept private and confidential
- Be informed of any research or educational projects affecting your care or treatment
- Free language services at all points of care
Tell your doctor or nurse as soon as you are uncomfortable or in pain. Do not wait until it is really bad. Most pain can be controlled and will be responded to promptly. It is OK to ask again if you feel your pain has not been addressed.
For more information about patient rights and responsibilities, please ask our staff. Information is also available in our Patient & Family Guide, in framed documents at each entrance and online.
Click to see your rights at a glance or view the full version here: Notice of Privacy Practices. (Also available in Spanish.)
We Want to Hear Your Concerns
If you have any concerns about patient care and safety, please speak with your doctor or nurse. If you are not comfortable, our Patient Relations department is always there to help. Call (269) 245-8333 or complete the online form.
Our Ethics Committee can also help patients and their families with hard choices. For this service, please call the Bronson Battle Creek main line at (269) 245-8000.
If your concerns are not resolved through Bronson, you may file a complaint via:
Michigan Department of Community Health
Bureau of Health Systems
Complaint Investigation Unit
PO Box 30664
Lansing, MI 48909
The Joint Commission
Office of Quality Monitoring
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
(630) 792-5636 fax
Rock Run Center, Suite 100
5700 Lombardo Center Drive
Seven Hills, OH 44131
(844) 834-7130 fax
Lea los Derechos y Responsabilidades de los Pacientes en español
Free language services at all points of care