Based on Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requirements, hospitals publish their standard charges. Standard charges are not an accurate representation of what you pay.
The best way for you to get an accurate price estimate for a procedure, test or surgery at Bronson is to call our price estimator team or fill out and submit this form. You will receive a response in two to three business days.
Bronson Price Estimates
Phone: (800) 451-6310, option 1
Hours: Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Why are standard charges not an accurate representation of what you pay?
- Based on your insurance, you are billed your deductible, copay, coinsurance and any non-covered services. This amount cannot be calculated from a list of standard charges. Bronson's price estimators or your insurance company can help determine what you'll pay.
- It is always helpful to review your insurance benefits or contact your insurance provider directly to determine what your policy will cover and identify any out-of-pocket expenses. If you have more than one insurance provider, call both companies for costs. For patients with Medicare, Medicaid or other government insurance, call them directly for costs.
- Patients with no insurance may be eligible for discounts.
- Michigan law prevents hospitals from charging full prices to lower-income uninsured patients. Those patients can't be charged at higher than 115 percent of Medicare rates.
- Bronson offers financial assistance for patients who need or have already received emergency or medically necessary care but cannot afford to pay. Learn more.
To provide as much information as possible we are offering our standard charges in two different formations; diagnosis related groups (DRGs) and chargemasters.
Standard charges by diagnosis related groups (DRGs)
- Diagnosis-related group (DRG) is a system to classify hospital cases based on a patient’s diagnosis into one of approximately 500 groups, also referred to as DRGs. A hospital case with the same DRG is expected to have similar hospital resource use. DRG’s have been used in the United States since 1983.
- DRG list of general charge estimates for Bronson's most frequent inpatient hospital services. This information is based on an average estimate for medical care. Data reflects charges from January 1, 2018 to September 30, 2018.
- The total charges displayed includes all hospital services, including variably priced items not in our standard charge listing, e.g., drugs and supplies.
Standard charges by chargemasters
- Chargemasters are lists of services and items billable to a patient or a patient’s health insurance provider.
- Bronson Hospital facilities chargemaster effective January 1, 2019.
- Bronson facility pharmacy chargemaster effective January 1, 2019.