Getting Ready to Leave the Hospital
Have a Plan
To make sure you have a safe recovery, we will help you create a care plan to follow after you leave the hospital.
A special registered nurse called a case manager will help you and your family create a plan for after you leave the hospital. The plan will cover things like where you are going and what supplies you will need. Your case manager can help you with arrangements such as:
- Finding a safe place to live, including a skilled-nursing home
- Ordering equipment and supplies
- Setting up hospice care service
- Connecting you with people in your community who can help
These services are free to all patients. For more information:
- Bronson Battle Creek Hospital: Case Management and Patient Safety & Quality Department at (269) 245-8071.
- Bronson LakeView and Bronson Methodist Hospital: call the Case Management Medical Social Work Department at (269) 341-7943.
Want to continue your care at home? Bronson offers home healthcare services and options. Please talk with your nurse or doctor if you are interested.
Check Out from Bronson
After checking out, you can be picked up from any lobby entrance. You and your caregiver will decide whether you need or want an escort out of the hospital.
- On the South Campus, parking is available in the Vine Street Ramp.
- On the North Campus, parking is available in the Jasper Street Ramp.
- After parking, the family member or friend picking you up can go directly to your room.
Gather Your Items
Before you leave Bronson Methodist Hospital, remember to collect all your belongings, including anything you placed in the hospital safe. If you have lost anything, tell your nurse. To ask about lost items:
- Battle Battle Creek Hospital: call (269) 245-8395
- Bronson LakeView Hospital: talk to your nurse
- Bronson Methodist Hospital: call (269) 341-6055