As you prepare for your stay, it helps to know what to expect. Here is some helpful information of what you'll find at Bronson.
Your Hospital Room
The remote control by your bed has a call button you can press when you need assistance.
Your television control is located on the same device as your caregiver call button. You can watch local channels, as well as a wide range of cable channels.
The hospital beds at Bronson are electronically operated and can be adjusted to suit your specific needs.
Personal Belongings / Valuables
There is a closet in your room for personal items. If you need something, let us know. Please send any valuables, such as jewelry or money, home with family members. If your family cannot take your valuables home, contact your nurse.
Each patient room has its own thermostat.
Room Cleaning Service
Your room will be cleaned every day. If you have concerns or compliments about your room cleaning, please contact:
- Bronson Methodist Hospital: (269) 341-7920
- Bronson LakeView Hospital: use your call button and ask for your nurse
- Bronson Battle Creek Hospital: (269) 245-8088
Each patient room has its own telephone line, and you can make local calls for no charge. You can also use your cell phone during your stay.
Patient Condition Reports
Keeping patient information private is very important to us. There may be times, however, when a patient wants us to share information about his or her condition with family or friends.
- To name someone you would like to receive information about your condition, you need to sign a Notice of Privacy Practices form.
- You may choose up to two people.
- Each contact person you choose will receive a card with a patient identification number (PIN).
- When the contact person calls Bronson, he or she will need to state their name, the patient's name and the PIN number.
- Another way to keep friends and families informed of your condition is CaringBridge®, a free service that allows you to create a personal Web page to write journal entries or share photos.
- Bronson Battle Creek Hospital - newspapers are available for purchase outside the Outpatient Center entrance.
- Bronson LakeView Hospital - the Kalamazoo Gazette is available from a coin-operated machine. It is located at the main entrance.
- Bronson Methodist Hospital - Newspapers are available for sale on the first floor of the South Campus. On the North Campus, they are available on the first floor near the vending machines.