Children's Advocacy Center
We offer child-focused and child-friendly facilities where trained professionals help make decisions about investigating, treating and prosecuting child abuse cases.
Our Children's Advocacy Center offers:
- A child-appropriate/child-friendly facility that is both physically and emotionally safe.
- Forensic interviews that are conducted in a neutral, fact-finding nature. We also make sure to coordinate with other professionals to avoid duplicative interviewing.
- A multidisciplinary team that meets to discuss and investigate allegations of child abuse. This includes:
- Law enforcement
- Child protective services
- Prosecution professionals
- Mental health professionals
- Medical providers
- Victim advocacy professionals
- Children’s advocacy center professionals
- Medical evaluation through coordination and referral with other providers who are specifically trained in pediatric child abuse issues.
- Victim support/advocacy to coordinate with other providers throughout the investigation and court process.
- A family advocate program.
- Case review to provide team discussion and information sharing throughout the case progression.
- Case tracking to monitor case progress and case outcomes.
Help Victims Become Survivors
Sexual Assault Services of Calhoun County is a member of the National Children’s Alliance and an accredited Child Advocacy Center through this organization as well. Please watch the compelling video below for how you can make a difference in someone's life. For more information on this campaign, visit helpvictimsbecomesurvivors.org