If you have diabetes, it can be challenging to juggle daily activities while making sure to manage your diet and blood sugar. We are here to help.
According to the American Diabetes Association, diabetes affects millions of people, including more than 10 percent of people living in Michigan. Diabetes is a condition where your body can’t make enough or any insulin, causing high levels of sugar in your blood. Whether you are new to diabetes or have lived with it for years, our specialists can help you better manage your condition.
Diabetes care to help you reach your blood sugar goals
Whether you need help checking your blood sugar or understanding the latest technologies (insulin pens, insulin pumps or continuous glucose monitors), you’ll be cared for by our specially-trained team to help you reach your blood sugar goals. Bronson has been recognized by the Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists for its education programs and is certified by the Michigan Department of Public Health for diabetes care. This means that you will get diabetes self-management education and support reflective of the highest quality national standards.
Four types of diabetes we treat
There are several types of diabetes we treat. If you’re seeking care, our experts can help you and your loved ones with:
Diabetes services and treatments
You have many options for working with our team, including individual appointments. These could be with a variety of experts at Bronson.
- Endocrinologists – Doctors trained to treat hormone imbalances and problems like diabetes
- Maternal fetal medicine specialists – Doctors trained to help with health concerns of pregnant women and their baby
- Certified diabetes educators – Health professionals with extra training in diabetes
- Classes – Offered as individual and group classes (physician referral required) on a variety of topics including:
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Continuous blood glucose monitoring
- Coping with diabetes
- Diabetes medication management
- Healthy eating and meal planning
- Insulin pumps
- Physical activity
- Reducing risks
- Support group – Share your experiences and learn from others with diabetes in a safe and comfortable environment at our monthly support group.