Mammography is a type of imaging that uses a low-dose X-ray system to examine breasts. A mammography exam, called a mammogram, is used to aid in the early detection and diagnosis of breast diseases.
Why Choose Bronson for Mammography?
- We’re committed to making sure you feel informed, prepared and comfortable – feel free to ask us any questions
- Five convenient locations
- Local board-certified radiologists interpret images
- Radiologists who specialize in mammography
- Your doctor receives timely, accurate and reliable test results to share with you
- Accredited in mammography by the American College of Radiology
Conditions We Treat
- Benign breast tumors and lumps
- Breast cancer
- Breast infections and inflammations
- Breast pain (mastalgia)
- Fibrocystic breast changes
- Nipple problems and discharge
- Breast tomosynthesis – creates a three-dimensional (3-D) image of the breast
- Computer-aided detection (CAD) – uses computer software to search for abnormal areas of density, mass or calcification that may indicate the presence of cancer
- Diagnostic mammogram – used to evaluate the area of concern on an abnormal screening exam
- Digital mammogram – replaces X-ray film with solid-state detectors that convert X-rays into electrical signals that can then be seen on a computer screen
- Screening mammogram – shows changes in the breast up to two years before a patient or physician can feel them
Locations for Mammography
For More Mammography Information
- To schedule a mammogram at our Battle Creek location, call (269) 245-8666. To schedule a mammogram at one of our Kalamazoo, Paw Paw or Portage locations, call (269) 341-8700.
- Learn about Bronson’s breast health services.
- To learn more about specific mammography procedures, visit the mammography page at www.RadiologyInfo.org.
- Contact Bronson HealthAnswers at (269) 341-7723, (800) 451-6310 or email@example.com. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.