Getting the flu can sideline you from work, school, family and friends. We want to help protect you and your family. At Bronson, protecting yourself from the flu is easy. To schedule your flu shot, you can visit the Bronson Flu Vaccine Locations page or call the Flu Hotline at (269) 341-6400.
Who should get a flu vaccine?
- Everyone age six months and older should get a flu vaccine.
- Babies under six months and those with specific allergies should not get a flu shot.
- There are different flu shots approved for people of different ages and those with chronic conditions.
- If you are pregnant or have a chronic condition, it is still safe and highly recommended to get your flu shot.
- You should get your flu shot every year.
Which flu vaccine is right for you?
- If you are considered high risk, Bronson recommends you receive the high dose vaccine.
- You are considered high risk if you:
- Have lung disease
- Have asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Have diabetes
- Have heart disease
- Have neurologic disease
- Are pregnant
- This year the flu mist vaccine is not available as recommended by the CDC because it was found to be ineffective during the 2016-2017 flu season.
Get notified when the flu vaccine is available
Current Bronson patients can register to be notified when the flu vaccine is available. You may also call your Bronson doctor’s office for information on availability.
Learn more about flu
Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Influenza (flu) page.