Our team has performed minimally invasive heart surgery for years and performs advanced procedures that no other hospital in the region offers.
Why Choose Bronson Methodist Hospital for Cardiothoracic Surgery?
- Bronson Methodist Hospital is a designated UnitedHealth PremiumSM cardiac specialty center
- More people in Kalamazoo prefer Bronson Methodist Hospital for treating chest pain*
- Our cardiothoracic surgeons work with multidisciplinary specialists including cardiologists, vascular surgeons, radiologists and other healthcare experts to provide comprehensive state-of-the-art care, with outcomes better than national standards
- The area’s most experienced team in robotic heart surgery.
- The only hospital in the region to offer transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), minimally invasive aortic and mitral valve repair and endovascular repair of thoracic aortic diseases
- The region’s only multidisciplinary clinics, like our heart valve clinic, provide complete care in one location
- Blood management service for people who wish to avoid blood transfusions
- Patients recover in private rooms after surgery. This promotes healing and reduces the risk of infection
*2012 Consumer Perception Study, Professional Research Consultants, Inc.
Heart Conditions We Treat
We treat a wide range of conditions from the common to the complex including:
- Aortic stenosis
- Cardiogenic shock
- Congenital heart defects
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Heart disease (coronary artery disease)
- Mitral valve prolapse and heart valve diseases
- Thoracic and pulmonary conditions, including lung tumors
- Vascular disease
Cardiothoracic Surgery Services & Treatments
We provide comprehensive cardiovascular services, including:
- Atrial fibrillation surgery
- Aortic and aortic root surgery
- Coronary artery bypass surgery, both traditional and off-pump
- Cox-Maze procedure
- Esophageal surgery
- Lung surgery
- Multidisciplinary clinics for comprehensive care
- Pulmonary resection
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Thoracic oncology surgery
- Thorascopic surgery
- Valve repair and replacement, including robotic minimally invasive valve repair
Our Cardiothoracic Surgery Team
Our team uses a collaborative approach to patient care. This means that we work closely together to create care plans for our patients. Team members include adult and pediatric cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, vascular surgeons, cardiovascular nurse navigator, specially trained nurses, radiologists, critical and intensive care doctors, hospitalists and other experts.
For More Information About Cardiothoracic Surgery