We understand that heart surgery can be a very scary thought. We hope you find comfort in knowing that our team at Bronson Methodist Hospital has performed high-quality open-heart surgery for years. And, we perform a number of advanced procedures that no other hospital in the region offers.
Finding relief for your condition
Cardiothoracic surgery may be the best option for you if you are living with any of these cardiothoracic conditions:
If you need care for a condition not listed here, consult with one of our heart and vascular providers.
Surgical care for heart and lung conditions
At Bronson, you will find innovative surgical treatments and services, including:
- Coronary artery bypass surgery – Surgery performed to improve blood flow to the heart
- Cox-Maze procedure – Surgery to treat an irregular, often rapid heart rate that commonly causes poor blood flow
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS) – Technique used in the diagnosis of lung cancer, lung infections and other diseases that cause enlarged lymph nodes or masses in the chest
- Esophageal surgery – Treatment for cancer and diseases affecting the canal that connects the stomach to the throat
- Multidisciplinary heart valve clinic – Clinic to help figure out the best course of treatment for your poorly functioning heart valve(s)
- Pulmonary resection – Surgery that removes part or all of the lung because of lung cancer or other disease
- Thoracentesis - Surgery that removes extra fluid between the lungs and chest wall to improve breathing
- Thoracic oncology – Nonsurgical treatment for varying types of lung cancer
- Thoracic oncology surgery – Surgical treatment for varying types of lung cancer
- Thoracic (lung) surgery – Surgery performed to treat diseases of the lungs, esophagus or other organs in the chest
- Thoracoscopic surgery – Minimally invasive surgery used to diagnose and treat problems in the chest
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) – Heart surgery performed to replace valves that have narrowed and are causing restricted blood flow or that are affecting pressure in other parts of your heart
- Valve repair and replacement – Surgery performed to repair or replace valves that are no longer properly performing within the heart
Collaborative team approach
Our cardiothoracic surgeons are able to work closely with you and other heart and vascular specialists to develop and deliver an excellent treatment plan that is coordinated and personalized to assure the best possible outcome for you.