The organs in your chest are among the most important in your body. Diseases affecting these organs can impact your ability to breathe, oxygenate blood, swallow and more. That’s why early detection and effective treatment is so essential.
When you work with the thoracic surgeons at Bronson, you’ll enjoy the benefit of experts who have specialized training and can provide thoughtful care specific to your condition and needs. Whether a minimally invasive or complex surgery is required, you’ll have access to an entire care team dedicated to helping you receive the best treatment and efficient recovery.
Surgical treatment for your lung condition
We treat a wide range of conditions that you may be suffering from. Commonly treated conditions include:
- Esophageal cancer
- Lung cancer
- Mediastinal tumors
If you need care for a condition not listed here, consult with one of our heart and vascular providers.
Comprehensive thoracic care
We provide comprehensive thoracic services, including:
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS) – Technique used in the diagnosis of lung cancer, lung infections and other diseases that cause enlarged lymph nodes or masses in the chest
- Esophageal surgery – Surgery performed to treat diseases and cancer of the canal that connects your throat and stomach
- Esophagectomy – Minimally invasive surgery in which a part of the esophagus or the entire esophagus is removed
- Heller myotomy – Surgery performed on the esophagus to allow food and liquids to pass to the stomach
- Lobectomy – Video-assisted thoracic surgery performed to remove the thyroid gland
- Lung cancer risk assessment – Online health questionnaire to provide you with an evaluation of your lung cancer risk
- Thoracic surgery – Minimally invasive or robotic surgery offerings in which surgery is performed on the lungs, esophagus or other organs in the chest
- Thoracic oncology surgery – Surgery performed to remove cancerous cells from the lungs, esophagus or other organs in the chest
Collaborative team approach
Our thoracic surgeon works closely with you and other heart and vascular specialists to provide you with excellent treatment for a full range of cardiovascular conditions. Your treatment plan is then coordinated and personalized to fit the best possible outcome for you.