No one likes being poked by a needle. If your condition requires you to receive medicine through an injection or catheter, we want to help make your experience as comfortable as possible.
Conditions That May Require Infusion Therapy
You may need infusion therapy for a variety of medical reasons. Many of the commonly treated conditions are listed below. Your infusion specialists at Bronson also offer expert care for many other related medical problems. If you need care for a condition not listed here, please call one of our infusion locations.
- Blood disorders – We may use therapeutic phlebotomy which withdraws a prescribed amount of blood to improve the symptoms of a blood disorder.
- Cancer – Low-dose chemotherapy may be beneficial if you have been diagnosed with cancer. We also may use antibodies which help suppress the immune system to kill or inhibit cancer cells.
- Chronic illness – Medication may be administered to manage or relieve complications from conditions including asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis and more.
- Dehydration – Intravenous (IV) hydration therapy may be used to help deliver fluid and essential nutrients into your blood stream to provide the best absorption possible.
- Infections – Many times, IV antibiotics gives your body an extra boost to help it fight off an infection.
- Transplants – IV medications are used to help your body to accept its new organ after a transplant.
Comfortable, Convenient Facilities
Before your appointment, we will verify that your infusion therapy is covered by your insurance. At each visit, your care will be provided in a private room equipped with a recliner or a bed, telephone and TV (at select locations). We understand that you may be busy during the week, which is why we offer weekend and evening appointments for your convenience.
We also offer infusion therapy through Bronson at Home. Here you'll get the best care for a wide range of diagnoses and infusion therapy in your home or in our infusion suite.
Click to View Infusion Locations
A Thoughtful and Skilled Care Team
You will be treated by our highly skilled pharmacists and nurses who specialize in administering medications directly into your veins. Before your infusion therapy even begins, they will discuss and explain every step of the procedure and treatment. You will also be taught how to care for yourself during therapy so that you can be an active participant in your healthcare.
After your appointment we will follow-up with your primary care provider and/or referring physician to make sure that your health and treatments are on the right track.