Ordering Donor Milk
Bronson Mothers’ Milk Bank: Together, We Feed Fragile Babies
Our donor milk improves outcomes for babies in neonatal intensive care units when mothers cannot produce their own milk.
Our first priority is to provide pasteurized donor human milk (PDHM) to infants that are in NICU and post-partum units at hospitals across the country. If our supply allows, we are able to provide PDHM to infants that are at home, whether the baby has a medical need or the mother needs to supplement her supply. Medical relief is provided on a case-by-case basis and is determined by current supply and funding.
Mothers living with HIV who will or have delivered an infant and reside in the state of Michigan are eligible to receive free pasteurized human breast milk, thanks to the MDHHS Breast Milk Initiative. Infants are eligible to receive donor breast milk for up to two years of age. Please contact us at 269-341-6146 to learn more about this program.
The process for ordering milk is as follows:
- Orders for next-day delivery are processed Monday through Thursday. However, if a holiday should fall on one of these days, milk will be distributed on the next business day.
- Orders received prior to 1 p.m. EST Monday through Thursday will be delivered the next day via UPS overnight delivery.
- Orders receive after 1 p.m. EST will be processed and shipped out the follow day. All orders will be confirmed by staff.
How to Submit an Order
If you are a hospital or healthcare provider interested in ordering donor milk, call (269) 341-6146 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a parent or guardian and interested in purchasing donor milk, whether your baby is about to be discharged from the hospital or is already at home:
- Ordering more than 40 ounces of donor milk requires a prescription from your baby’s healthcare provider.
- Payment needs to be made at the time of the order. Bronson Mothers’ Milk Bank accepts all major credit cards except American Express. We also accept cash and checks (made out to “Bronson Mothers’ Milk Bank”).
Orders can be picked up at:
- Bronson Mothers’ Milk Bank
Bronson Methodist Hospital, North Campus Entrance
Healthcare Plaza (off Walnut St.), downtown Kalamazoo
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Orders can also be shipped via UPS overnight delivery Monday through Thursday.
To place an order for donor milk, call (269) 341-6146, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., or email email@example.com.