Summer is here and so are bicycle helmets! Bronson Children's Hospital, Bronson Trauma Services, and Safe Kids Kalamazoo County are offering reduced cost helmets.
Whatever summer activity you or your child participates in, learning basic safety and using proper equipment may help prevent injuries. Appropriate equipment is critical to being safe. Poorly functioning or improperly adjusted equipment is a frequent cause of injuries. Helmets that are improperly sized can also cause injury.
Preventative equipment such as helmets can prevent disastrous and even fatal injuries.
Sizes available (based on head circumference):
- Toddler - 18.11” to 20.47”
- Small - 19.68” to 21.25”
- Medium - 21.25” to 22.83”
- Large - 22.83” to 24.4”
- X-Large - 23.22” to 24.8”
- Toddler helmets in pink and blue
- One family per appointment
- Children must be older than one year of age
- Person must be present to receive a helmet to ensure proper fit
- Hair needs to be styled to get a proper fit. No ponytails or large barrettes
Bronson Methodist Hospital
Trauma Services W308
601 John St., Kalamazoo
Park in Vine Street Parking Ramp
Take elevator to third floor, W-308
Have a question about helmet fittings?
Call (269) 341-8830.
Want to learn more?
Visit our Childhood Injury Prevention Program page.