Winter is here and so are ski, snowboard and sled helmets! Bronson Children's Hospital, Bronson Trauma Services, and Safe Kids Kalamazoo County are offering reduced cost helmets.
Whatever winter activity you or your child participates in, learning basic safety and using proper equipment may help prevent injuries. Appropriate equipment is critical to being safe. Poorly functioning or improperly adjusted equipment is a frequent cause of injuries. Helmets that are improperly sized can also cause injury.
Preventative equipment such as helmets can prevent disastrous and even fatal injuries.
Sizes available (based on head circumference):
- Toddler - 18.89 cm to 20.47 cm
- Small - 20.47 cm to 21.65 cm
- Medium - 21.65 cm to 22.83 cm
- Large - 22.83 cm to 24.01 cm
- X-Large - 23.28 cm to 25.19 cm
- Matte Black
- Matte Silver
- Matte Maroon
- Matte Dusty Blue
- One family per appointment
- Children must be older than one year of age
- Person must be present to receive a helmet to ensure proper fit
- Hair needs to be styled to get a proper fit. No ponytails or large barrettes
Weekdays 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (By Appointment Only)
Bronson Methodist Hospital
601 John St., Kalamazoo
Park in Jasper Street Parking Ramp
Have a question about helmet fittings?
Call (269) 341-8830 or email SafeKidsKzoo@bronsonhg.org.
Want to learn more?
Visit our Childhood Injury Prevention Program page.