At Bronson, our laboratory uses a variety of neurodiagnostic tests to study and record activity in the brain and nervous system to best determine your neurological problems. We help your team of specialists to identify your current conditions and the best treatment plan to maximize your brain and spine health. You and your family will get the testing care, support and education that you need.
Neurological conditions we can test for
Your specialists and the lab team work collaboratively to identify a variety of conditions using a series of tests called neurodiagnostics. Commonly treated conditions include:
- Changes in mental status
- Generalized problems of numbness
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscle cramps
- Pinched nerves in the neck or back
- Ulnar neuropathy/carpal tunnel syndrome
- Weakness, tingling or pain
If you need care for a condition not listed here, consult with one of our neurology providers.
Unique neurology testing and diagnostics available
At Bronson, find innovative treatments and services for your brain and spine health, including:
- Electroencephalography (EEG) – Detects electrical activity in your brain
- Electromyography (EMG) – Assesses the health of your muscles and the nerve cells that control them (motor neurons). Motor neurons transmit electrical signals that cause your muscles to contract.
- Evoked potentials (visual, auditory, somatosensory) – An electrical response from your nerves used to tell if your brain is getting information from a certain stimulus.
- Intra-operative monitoring – Using EEG, EMG and evoked potentials to see if your nerves, spinal cord and/or brain are getting the correct messages.
Specialized team to test for neurological concerns
Work with a team that is specially-trained to identify what’s happening with your brain and spine, including issues with nerves and muscles. Your care is coordinated with the specialists at the Bronson Neuroscience Center.