When you or your loved one’s ability to control movement has been affected by Parkinson’s disease, it is important to leverage established and effective treatments as well as consider new and innovative solutions. That’s why our neurologists and therapists thoughtfully invest time with you and your family, collaborate with team members, and explore new and emerging research – so you can receive the best care possible.
Parkinson’s conditions we treat
Our team of experts can help you manage symptoms and conditions of Parkinson’s disease. Commonly treated conditions include:
- Difficulties with memory and thought processes
- Difficulty eating and swallowing
- Movement disorders
- Shaking of hands, arms, legs, jaw or face
- Slowness of movement
- Speech problems
- Stiffness of the arms, legs or trunk
- Trouble with balance and falls
If you need care for a condition not listed here, consult with one of our neurology providers.
Parkinson’s services and treatments
We offer a wide range of treatments and services for Parkinson's patients, including:
- Care, support and education – You’ll work with a comprehensive team of specialists who will help with your muscles, nerves, diet, breathing and how to access and use the best resources
- Rehabilitation services – Offered throughout Calhoun, Kalamazoo and Van Buren counties, our staff have special training and/or certification to treat Parkinson’s disease
- Neurosurgery – Surgery is sometimes needed to help control the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease
- Parkinson's Support Group – Regularly scheduled support groups are provided by Bronson for patients and caregivers
Multidisciplinary Parkinson's care team
Members of the Parkinson’s team have completed the National Parkinson Foundation's Allied Team Training for Parkinson's™ program to understand all aspects of your disease. Our team is also certified in specialized exercise treatment programs for people with Parkinson's disease – LSVT LOUD (speech therapy) and LSVT BIG (physical/occupational therapy).