Because our trained staff of neurologists and therapists understands all aspects of this debilitating disease, we offer an innovative approach to treating patients with Parkinson's disease.
Why Choose Bronson Methodist Hospital for Parkinson’s Care?
- Our Parkinson's Treatment Team includes neurologists, occupational therapists, physician assistants, physical therapists and speech therapists
- Rehabilitation services staff have special training and/or certification to treat patients who have Parkinson's disease
- Four locations for rehabilitation: two in Kalamazoo, one in Paw Paw and one in Vicksburg
- One of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care™ for three years in a row (2012-2014)
- Ranked among the top 5% in the nation for neurosciences for three years in a row (2012-2014)
- Ranked among the top 5% in the nation for neurosurgery for two years in a row (2013-2014)
Parkinson's Conditions We Treat
Our doctors treat conditions, including:
- Difficulties with memory and thought processes
- Difficulty eating and swallowing
- Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders
- Shaking of hands, arms, legs, jaw or face
- Slowness of movement
- Speech problems
- Stiffness of the arms, legs or trunk
- Trouble with balance and falls
Parkinson’s Care Services & Treatments
We offer a wide range of services, including:
Our Parkinson’s Treatment Team
Our team consists of neurologists, physician assistants, physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists. Members of the team have completed the National Parkinson Foundation's Allied Team Training for Parkinson program to understand all aspects of the disease. They are also certified in LSVT LOUD (speech therapy) and LSVT BIG (physical/occupational therapy).
For More Information About Parkinson’s Care