Foot and Ankle
Foot and ankle problems can quickly put an end to your favorite activities. Whether you need a bunion removed, have problems with your Achilles tendon or are suffering from pain associated with arthritis, look to the Bronson team of foot and ankle specialists to provide you with the best possible treatment.
If you have a complex foot and ankle condition, such as a damaged or diseased ankle joint, you’ll be connected a physician who has specialized training in treating these conditions. Our team will work with you to create a treatment plan that will take care of your pain or injury. The goal is to get you back on your feet and back to normal activities as quickly as possible.
Foot and ankle conditions we treat
You may be suffering from a chronic disorder or an injury. Foot problems can be caused by genetics, footwear, overuse and injury resulting in pain, inflammation or limited mobility. Commonly treated conditions include:
If you need care for a condition not listed here, consult with one of our orthopedic & sports medicine physicians listed below.
Foot and ankle treatment options
Depending on your condition, your treatment may be nonsurgical, including medication, injections or the use of a therapeutic aid, or it could be surgical.
Some of the most common nonsurgical treatments for treating foot and ankle problems include:
- Conditioning program – Regular exercise and diet program to improve health and increase strength
- Injections – Treat painful conditions, such as tendinitis
- Medication – Prescription or over-the-counter drugs to relieve pain
- Physical therapy – Exercises and techniques to relieve pain and return your foot and ankle to normal function
- Taping techniques – Applying tape to help stabilize muscles and joints without restricting range of motion.
- Therapeutic aids – Provide support to injured bones, muscles and joints. This includes braces, wraps, splints and more.
If your orthopedic specialist determines that surgery is the right option for you, you can rest assured that you will receive expert care. Some of the most common surgical treatments include:
- Ankle joint replacement – Also referred to as arthroplasty, is the replacement of a damaged or diseased ankle joint with an artificial implant.
- Arthroscopy – Procedure to diagnose and treat joint problems
- Bunionectomy – Removal of a bunion, which is an painful, bony growth on the side of the foot
- Hammertoe repair – The straightening of a bent toe
- Joint Fusion – Removal of a joint to allow bones to grow together
- Open reduction internal fixation (ORIF) – To fix a severe break in a bone
- Tendon repair – Repairs a torn or damaged tendon