Orthopedic Spine and Scoliosis
Whether your back just “went out” or you’ve suffered an injury to your spine or you have a genetic condition, you want relief. The solution could be a nonsurgical treatment, such as medication or physical therapy, or it may require surgery.
You’ll be comforted to know that if surgery is necessary, our doctors use some of the latest techniques to lessen the pain and help expedite a safer recovery.
Our highly trained experts in spine and scoliosis conditions will partner with you and your family to select the best course of treatment based on your lifestyle and goals. We'll work together to alleviate your pain and get you back to your normal routine as quickly as possible.
Spine and scoliosis conditions we treat
Some of the most commonly treated conditions include:
If you need care for a condition not listed here, consult with one of our orthopedic and sports medicine providers.
Spine and scoliosis treatments
Some of the most common treatments for orthopedic spine conditions include:
- Medication – Prescription or over-the-counter drugs to relieve pain
- Physical therapy/rehabilitation – Non-surgical techniques, such as massage, heat treatment and exercises to reduce pain, restore function and prevent injury
- Spinal traction – Decompression therapy to relieve pressure on the spine which is used to treat many back conditions
- Surgery – Correct herniated disc, spine problems, curvature of the spine and other spine conditions
- Therapeutic aids – Braces, inserts, wraps, splints and other accessories designed to provide supports to injured bones, muscles and joints
- Therapeutic exercise – Physical activities that focus on restoring and maintaining strength, stability, flexibility and balance