To make your hospital stay the best it can be, we have a wonderful pet therapy program. Our talented canine volunteers help relieve stress and bring comfort and smiles everywhere they go.
Benefits of Pet Therapy
- Provides a distraction from pain and anxiety
- Alleviates sadness and depression
- Encourages healing
- Promotes physical activity
- Enhances physical rehabilitation and speech therapy
- Reduces blood pressure
Our Pet Therapy Program
It all began at Bronson Methodist Hospital in the 90s. Puppies in training to be service dogs were introduced to our pediatric department. And the program was a huge success. Now, this popular service has branched out to other units throughout Bronson Methodist and Bronson LakeView hospitals. We've also opened our program to non-service dogs.
For More Information About Pet Therapy
- To schedule a dog visit, call Bronson Volunteer Services at (269) 341-8754 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To become a Pet Therapy volunteer, click here for more information.