A mother’s own milk is the best food for her baby. But when a mother can’t provide breast milk, milk from healthy donor mothers is the next best thing. That’s when our Mothers' Milk Bank can help.
Why Choose the Mothers' Milk Bank at Bronson Methodist Hospital?
- Bronson’s Mothers’ Milk Bank is one of only 12 milk banks in the country
- Milk makes digesting easier for sick babies
- Milk offers better nutrition than formula
- Milk helps sick babies get better
- Milk helps premature babies have better outcomes
Mothers' Milk Bank Services
- Our team screens, collects, processes, stores and distributes donated human milk
- Our milk bank supplies nutrition to babies in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) whose mothers cannot provide breast milk
- After the needs of Bronson patients have been met, our milk bank shares milk with other hospitals in need
- Healthy mothers interested in donating milk may do so after completing the screening process
Our Mothers' Milk Bank Team
Our team consists of a certified lactation consultant and support staff who specialize in helping women with breastfeeding needs.
For More Information About the Mothers’ Milk Bank