Rehabilitation Education & Support
For all of your rehabilitation needs, Bronson is with you every step of the way to ensure you have all of the education and support you need to recover successfully.
Questions to ask your insurance company about therapy coverage
Approval before you start therapy does not guarantee payment of services. Call your insurance carrier if you have questions about the benefits of your insurance policy.
- Is physical therapy, occupational therapy or speech therapy a covered benefit?
- Do I need a referral from a medical provider (physician, PA, NP) for coverage?
- Will the therapy be paid if the therapy is done at Bronson Battle Creek Hospital, Bronson Methodist Hospital, Bronson LakeView Hospital or Bronson South Haven Hospital?
- Is there a limit in number of visits for physical therapy? Occupational therapy? Speech therapy?
- If there is a visit limit, is it for each type of therapy or is it for the total of all physical, occupational and speech therapy visits?
- Do I need approval from you before I start therapy? How is this done? How often?
- Are there any diagnoses that are not being covered?
- Are there any types of services that are being covered?
- How much will I have to pay out-of-pocket for the therapy?
- Is there a maximum out-of-pocket expense?