Respiratory Care Services & Treatments
Treatment options to help you function at your highest capacity
Once you have been diagnosed with a respiratory condition, our team of respiratory therapists is here to help you function at your maximum capacity. The team members are also here to provide support and guidance for your family, so they can help you enjoy the things you love most.
- Asthma treatment program – Understanding, Managing and Living with Asthma is a one-on-one education session with a registered respiratory therapist. As a part of the program, participants receive pulmonary function testing and peak flow monitor teaching.
- Chronic Lung Series – The Chronic Lung Series is a quarterly meeting where patient’s suffering from chronic lung diseases meet with Bronson’s pulmonary specialists to receive support and education related to chronic lung disease. These meetings are open to the public and do not require a physician referral.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease program – Understanding, Managing and Living with COPD is a one-on-one education session with a registered respiratory therapist. As part of the program, participants receive pulmonary function testing, six-minute walk testing and oxygen determination study.
- Education – You and your family members may have questions about cardiopulmonary illnesses and medications. Our team provides information so you are fully informed and know what to expect.
- Managing life support equipment – We will help you or your loved one understand how life support equipment works and how to make sure it is properly maintained.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation – Pulmonary rehabilitation is a comprehensive and supervised outpatient program that includes exercise and education. Throughout rehabilitation, respiratory therapists monitor patient progress.
- Smoking cessation – The smoking cessation class at Bronson is a behavioral modification program that prepares and assists participants to quit using tobacco products. These classes are held in a support group-style, are open to the public and do not require a physician referral.