Children's Advocacy Center
We offer child-focused and child-friendly facilities where trained professionals help make decisions about investigating, treating and prosecuting child abuse cases.
Children’s Advocacy Center reaccredited
The Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC) was recently reaccredited by the National Children’s Alliance. This accreditation demonstrates the high quality of our center as it is ranked with all other centers in the United States. Congratulations to our team on this accomplishment!
Our Children's Advocacy Center offers:
- A child-appropriate/child-friendly facility that is both physically and emotionally safe.
- Forensic interviews that are conducted in a neutral, fact-finding nature. We also make sure to coordinate with other professionals to avoid duplicative interviewing.
- A multidisciplinary team that meets to discuss and investigate allegations of child abuse. This includes:
- Law enforcement
- Child protective services
- Prosecution professionals
- Mental health professionals
- Medical providers
- Victim advocacy professionals
- Children’s advocacy center professionals
- Medical evaluation through coordination and referral with other providers who are specifically trained in pediatric child abuse issues.
- Victim support/advocacy to coordinate with other providers throughout the investigation and court process.
- A family advocate program.
- Case review to provide team discussion and information sharing throughout the case progression.
- Case tracking to monitor case progress and case outcomes.
Help victims become survivors
Sexual Assault Services of Calhoun County is a member of the National Children’s Alliance and an accredited Child Advocacy Center through this organization as well. Please watch the compelling video below for how you can make a difference in someone's life.