Bone Density Scan
Are you experiencing bone loss? Bone density scanning is used to measure bone loss and diagnose osteoporosis. Using an enhanced form of X-ray technology, we are able to measure your bone mineral density (BMD).
Bone density conditions we treat
- Osteopenia – decrease of bone mass
- Osteoporosis – a condition where the creation of bone tissue slows down, causing bones to become fragile and weak
Bone density scan services
- Assess risk for developing bone fractures
- Help prevent further bone loss
- Measure bone density
To schedule an appointment for a bone density scan
- Battle Creek: Central Scheduling (269) 245-8666
- Kalamazoo and Paw Paw area: Central Scheduling (269) 341-8700 or (888) 741-6415
- South Haven: Testing & Imaging (269) 639-2828, option 1
To learn more about specific bone density scan procedures, visit the Bone Density Scan page at radiologyinfo.org.