A mammogram — used to find and diagnosis breast diseases — can save your life. Mammography is a type of imaging that uses a low-dose X-ray system to examine breast tissue. Our radiologists specialize in mammography so that you receive the most expert care.
Getting Your Mammogram in a Safe Environment
Bronson Healthcare breast imaging director and radiologist, Dr. Christina Jacobs, talks about a safe and caring environment for all patients who need their annual mammogram or other imaging tests at Bronson.
3D Mammograms Dr. Christina Jacobs
3D Mammograms available in South Haven with Dr. Christina Jacobs.
So Many Reasons Have a Mammogram
Breast cancer affects 1 in 8 women and is the seconding leading cause of cancer death. These women tell why it’s important to them to have a mammogram.
Mammograms Save Lives
A few years ago, these Bronson employees were brought together after treatment for breast cancer. All are now cancer-free. Watch as each talk about their journey.
There was no family history of breast cancer in Susan’s family, and she wasn’t late for a mammogram. Watch Susan talk about her journey. She's been cancer-free since 2009.
As a two-time breast cancer survivor, breast cancer doesn’t who it hits or family back-ground. Watch as Sandy talks about her journey. She's been cancer-free since 2014.
At 26 years old, Jan never thought she would have breast cancer. It was found through a mammogram. Watch as Jan tells her story. Cancer-free since 1983.
Just turning 40, Shannon thought she would have all the “bells and whistles” so she had a 3D mammogram. Watch as Shannon tells her story. She's been cancer-free since 2016.
At age 35, with two manual breast exams showing normal, Veronica requested a mammogram. Watch as Veronica talks about her journey. She's cancer-free since 2010.
Conditions we treat
- Computer-aided detection (CAD) – uses computer software to search for abnormal areas of density, mass or calcification that may indicate the presence of cancer
- Diagnostic mammogram – used to evaluate the area of concern on an abnormal screening exam
- Digital mammogram – replaces X-ray film with solid-state detectors that convert X-rays into electrical signals that can then be seen on a computer screen
- Screening mammogram – shows changes in the breast up to two years before a patient or physician can feel them
- 3D Mammography – This is one of the newest technologies in breast imaging, also referred to as tomosynthesis. This advanced technology allows the radiologist to see dense breast tissue in "multiple slices" from many different angles. It improves accuracy and sensitivity as compared to a standard screening mammogram. 3D Mammograms can help detect cancer in women, especially those with dense breast tissue. We offer 3D mammograms at the Bronson Center for Women at Bronson Methodist Hospital, Bronson Advanced Radiology Services, Bronson Mammography and Mary Coleman Women's Center at Bronson Battle Creek and Bronson South Haven Testing & Imaging Services. Michigan enacted a Breast Density Notification Law on June 1, 2015.
To schedule an appointment for a mammogram
You can schedule your own mammogram without a physician's order if you've seen your healthcare provider within the last three years and you do not have any breast health problems.
And, if you have Bronson MyChart, you can also schedule your mammogram online. Don't have a Bronson MyChart account? Experience connected care 24/7 - and request your code.
- Battle Creek: Central Scheduling (269) 245-8666
- Kalamazoo and Paw Paw area: Central Scheduling (269) 341-8700 or (888) 741-6415
- South Haven: Testing & Imaging (269) 639-2828, option 1
For more mammography information