Magnetic Resonance Image (MRI)
Magnetic Resonance Image, commonly referred to as an MRI, uses magnetic fields and radio waves to create highly detailed computerized images. With an MRI, doctors can see your internal organs and other structures without using ionized radiation.
- Angiography – noninvasive scanning of blood vessels in the body for a wide variety of head, neck, chest, abdomen and extremity abnormalities
- Guided breast biopsy – noninvasive scanning of the breast biopsy to determine source of an abnormality
- Body scan – noninvasive scanning of the chest and abdomen organs to detect tumors, cysts, blockage, disease, and fetal assessment during pregnancy
- Breast scan – noninvasive scanning of the breasts for cancer and other abnormalities, or to determine the extent of cancer after diagnosis
- Cardiac scan – noninvasive scanning of the heart, valves, major vessels and surrounding structures
- Chest scan – noninvasive scanning of the chest to detect tumors, cancer, abnormal masses and blood flow
- Head scan – noninvasive scanning of the skull to detect tumors, infections, stroke, causes of seizures, hemorrhages and disorders of the eye, inner ear and pituitary gland
- Musculoskeletal scan – noninvasive scanning of the major joints to detect disease, joint disorders, fractures, infections and tumors, as well as in response to pain, swelling or bleeding
- Spinal scan – noninvasive scanning of the spine to detect misalignment, abnormalities, disease and inflammation, as well as in response to pain
Anxious about having an MRI?
Bronson offers 3T Wide Bore MRI at two testing locations. The wide bore MRI has an opening that is good for patients who are claustrophobic or who may be larger in size.
Some patients require sedation prior to having an MRI. At Bronson Methodist Hospital, we offer CinemaVision MRI goggles that, when worn, allow patients to watch DVD movies, play music, watch "live" TV and utilize two-way communication with the technician. Less sedation is needed when wearing goggles, too.
To schedule an appointment for an MRI
- Battle Creek: Central Scheduling (269) 245-8666
- Kalamazoo and Paw Paw area: Central Scheduling (269) 341-8700 or (888) 741-6415
- South Haven: Testing & Imaging (269) 639-2828, option 1