Bronson is offering a limited number of student experiences for high priority positions. Schools/Students will be asked to provide necessary PPE for their students and students will not be allowed in isolation rooms. Masks (medical grade preferred) are required while on campus.
We are not able to allow external (non-Bronson) job shadowing requests at this time; however, current Bronson employees may still request job shadowing in support of career growth and development.
Questions about nursing students may be directed to Sarah Barker.
Questions about all other student placements may be directed to Emily Miley
Bronson offers a variety of placements for students to include nursing, dietary, radiography, pharmacy, social work, respiratory care, mid-level providers, business, health information management, information systems, communications, purchasing, environmental safety, and many other areas.
Students at Bronson enjoy learning experiences in both clinical and non-clinical settings. Student placements are made between school faculty and Bronson staff within a student's area of interest.
Placements are arranged after a contract is completed with the students’ school. Students may come with a clinical group or as a single placement with precepted learning.
- Nursing student placements are coordinated through our SW MI Nursing Placement Consortium.
- Mid-level Practitioner students can arrange placements with practitioners, then apply here to confirm placement.
- All other unpaid student placements, interns, clinical rotations and job shadows should apply here.
- Medical student and physicians must apply for an observership through the WMU School of Medicine.
- Contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Bronson Student Requirements
All Students must meet requirements to participate in any learning opportunities at Bronson. Schools are responsible for collecting and verifying student information to meet our requirements.
- Work with school faculty to establish a Bronson contract for training.
- Submit a request and complete requirements at https://cliniciannexus.com
- Meet Student Minimum Work Requirements for health (immunizations, TB test, drug screen) , safety (background check, student handbook) and confidentiality. May also include training for the Personal Air Powered Respirator (PAPR), which includes a presentation and respirator questionnaire.
- Follow Bronson's Student & Clinical Instructor Orientation Information.
- Wear a college issued I.D. badge while at Bronson.
- Students at BMH need to park in public parking areas while BBC has designated areas for student parking.
- Establish permission to access clinical documentation on Bronson's network.
- Complete the Pyxis user ID request form.