UPDATE: As Bronson continues to actively monitor the situation in our communities and around the world, we are taking direction from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our state and local health departments. Our executive team, infection prevention and emergency preparedness teams, and many others, are working continuously to prepare for the potential arrival of coronavirus COVID-19 patients at Bronson.
With the safety of our workforce and community in mind, effective Monday, March 16, 2020, we are suspending all student placements and experiences with the exception of medical students, at any Bronson facility. This will be in effect until at least April 24, 2020. Student placements include; clinical program placements (nursing, respiratory, rehab, advanced practice providers, etc.), job shadowing, and unpaid internships whether clinical or non-clinical.
Bronson offers a variety of placements for students to include nursing, dietary, radiography, pharmacy, social work, respiratory care, mid-level providers, business, health information management, information systems, communications, purchasing, environmental safety, and many other areas.
Students at Bronson enjoy learning experiences in both clinical and non-clinical settings. Student placements are made between school faculty and Bronson staff within a student's area of interest.
Placements are arranged after a contract is completed with the students’ school. Students may come with a clinical group or as a single placement with precepted learning.
- Nursing student placements are coordinated through our SW MI Nursing Placement Consortium.
- Mid-level Practitioner students can arrange placements with practitioners, then apply here to confirm placement.
- All other unpaid student placements, interns, clinical rotations and job shadows should apply here.
- Medical student and physicians must apply for an observorship through the WMU School of Medicine.
- Contact Emily at email@example.com with any questions.
Now Accepting applications for an unpaid internship in Strategic Planning! This student internship provides project support and some administrative support to Bronson's System Strategic Planning department. Students will assist in gathering, organizing, creating and maintaining information from a variety of sources. The position requires advanced working knowledge of MS Office. Apply here.
Bronson Student Requirements
All Students must meet requirements to participate in any learning opportunities at Bronson. Schools are responsible for collecting and verifying student information to meet our requirements.
- Work with school faculty to establish a Bronson contract for training.
- Submit a request and complete requirements at https://cliniciannexus.com
- Meet Student Minimum Work Requirements for health (immunizations, TB test, drug screen) , safety (background check, student handbook) and confidentiality. May also include training for the Personal Air Powered Respirator (PAPR), which includes a presentation and respirator questionnaire.
- Follow Bronson's Student & Clinical Instructor Orientation Information.
- Wear a college issued I.D. badge while at Bronson.
- Students at BMH need to park in public parking areas while BBC has designated areas for student parking.
- Establish permission to access clinical documentation on Bronson's network.
- Complete the Pyxis user ID request form.