Angel Wraps and Gowns
The loss of a baby is emotionally overwhelming for the parents. Having a handmade wrap or gown that their baby wore is an irreplaceable keepsake.
- Also called a bunting, pocket, fetal demise or burial pouch
- Used for a mid-pregnancy loss when the baby is too fragile and small to dress
- May be knitted, crocheted or sewn
- Finished size should be about a 9 inch square, before the lace or edging
- Please line all wraps with a separate piece of white flannel.
A 9x9 inch piece of white flannel or thin fleece that lines an Angel Wrap. (Snuggle Flannel or Blizzard Fleece)
- Worn by preemie babies in the NeoNatal Intensive Care Unit
- Used for a late-pregnancy loss
- A variety of sizes are needed.
- Preemie babies are very skinny, without the chubbiness of full-term babies. See size chart.
Other Useful Websites
Additional patterns may be found on the following websites: