Volunteer at Sexual Assault Services
We are currently recruiting new volunteers! Contact us today at (269) 245-3906 to learn more about the available opportunities. Click here for more information.
- Offer gentle, sensitive support to those who have been impacted by sexual violence
- Listen, believe and meet survivors where they are at emotionally
As a volunteer, you may be asked to provide on-site support at:
- Hospital emergency rooms
- Nurse examiner sites
- Police departments
- Within the criminal justice system
To become a Sexual Assault Services volunteer, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be able to relate to survivors in a patient, empathic, non-judgmental manner
- Be able to relate to agency personnel and community members in a mature and professional manner
- Complete 30 hours of sexual assault training prior to taking on-call shifts
- Be able to commit to a minimum of six months of service following training completion
- Be resourceful, self-motivated, dependable and informed on the issue of sexual assault
- Have access to transportation
March Volunteer Training Session
In-person training dates in Battle Creek are:
- Saturdays, March 6 & 13, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesdays, March 9 & 16, 5:30 to 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 17, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Applicants must be able to attend all training sessions to become a SAS volunteer. Prior to attending training sessions, applicants are required to complete an application.
For the safety of our applicants and staff, masks must be worn at all times and social distancing of six feet or more from others will be required. Before each session, we will conduct health screenings and have sanitizing stations in the room.
Ready to Volunteer?
For More Information About Volunteering at Sexual Assault Services
Call Pam Buchko, Volunteer Coordinator, at (269) 245-3906