Volunteer at Sexual Assault Services
We are currently recruiting new volunteers! Contact us today at (269) 245-3906 to learn more about the available opportunities. Click here for more information.
- Offer gentle, sensitive support to those who have been impacted by sexual violence
- Listen, believe and meet survivors where they are at emotionally
As a volunteer, you may be asked to provide on-site support at:
- Hospital emergency rooms
- Nurse examiner sites
- Police departments
- Within the criminal justice system
To become a Sexual Assault Services volunteer, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be able to relate to survivors in a patient, empathic, non-judgmental manner
- Be able to relate to agency personnel and community members in a mature and professional manner
- Complete 30 hours of sexual assault training prior to taking on-call shifts
- Be able to commit to a minimum of six months of service following training completion
- Be resourceful, self-motivated, dependable and informed on the issue of sexual assault
- Have access to transportation
Ready to Volunteer?
Join our fall training dates on:
- Saturdays, October 5 & 12, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesdays, October 8 & 15, 5:30 to 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 16, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Applicants must be able to attend all five training sessions.
For More Information About Volunteering at Sexual Assault Services
Call Pam Buchko, Volunteer Coordinator, at (269) 245-3906