Volunteer at Bronson Battle Creek Hospital
Bronson Battle Creek depends on help from over 400 volunteers who donate almost 50,000 hours a year in many areas of the hospital. This includes working the reception desk, assisting with clerical tasks, transporting wheelchair patients, providing support to patients and families and retail sales in the gift shop. Volunteers participate in fundraising for Bronson Battle Creek healthcare programs and services. We can find you a volunteer assignment to match your individual interest and talents. Here are some areas to consider:
- The Cancer Care Center – Outpatient Oncology and Radiation Oncology
- Gift Shop
- Information desks
- Magazine delivery
- Marketing/public relations
- Office/resource volunteers
- Radiology (Outpatient Center)
- Volunteer guilds and special events
Learn more about volunteering in these areas.
We welcome volunteers from all walks of life and backgrounds. Volunteers must be willing to work approximately fours hours per week and commit to a minimum of 30 hours of service. We ask adults to commit to at least six months, and students to commit to a full semester or summer. Volunteers have a choice of morning, afternoon or evening hours, depending on the area selected.
To ensure our patients’ well-being and help you have the best possible volunteer experience, Bronson Battle Creek requires that all volunteers:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Complete an application and provide two personal references
- Interview with an Bronson Battle Creek team member to find out areas of interest and possible assignments
- Complete a background check
- Meet with a Bronson Battle Creek nurse for a health check, which includes a TB skin test.
- Complete three orientations:
- Bronson Battle Creek orientation
- Volunteer Services orientation
- Department-specific training
Ready to Volunteer?
Become a Bronson Volunteer
For More Information About Volunteering at Bronson Battle Creek
Contact us at (269) 245-8470.