Bronson Battle Creek Hospital Community Health Needs Assessment
Bronson Battle Creek Hospital, a member of Bronson Healthcare system, conducted this Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) to further its commitment to the community and to fulfill the requirements of the Affordable Care Act.
2016 CHNA Results & Implementation Plan
For the purposes of this CHNA, the definition of community is all residents of Calhoun County, Michigan. This CHNA began in December 2015 and was completed and approved by Bronson Healthcare’s Board of Directors in November 2016. The CHNA was conducted by Bronson Community Health staff who engaged local organizations in the data collection. Data on health needs were derived using four methods:
- Data gathered and analyzed from secondary sources such as US Census, Michigan Department of Community Health, and Kalamazoo County Department of Health and Community Services
- A region-wide survey, available on-line and in paper form, generating 3,190 completed responses
- Focus groups with participants from vulnerable populations
- Key informant interviews with representatives of the community with unique knowledge of health issues affecting the community
This data was analyzed to identify the top health needs of residents of Calhoun County:
- Access to care
- Addiction (smoking, alcohol, prescription and illegal drugs)
- Chronic disease management
- Health education and literacy
- Mental health treatment and support
- Safety (safe neighborhoods, bullying, violence)
- Sexual health
- Social health (connections to community and isolation)
Read Bronson Battle Creek Hospital's complete CHNA report.
Read Bronson Battle Creek Hospital's implementation plan.
If you have any questions or comments about the Community Health Needs Assessments, please email CHNA@bronsonhg.org or contact Beth Washington, system director of community health, at (269) 341-8672 or firstname.lastname@example.org.