Bronson LakeView Hospital, a member of the Bronson Healthcare system, conducted this Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) to further its commitment to the community and to fulfill the requirements of the Affordable Care Act.
For the purposes of this CHNA, the definition of community is all residents of Van Buren County, Michigan. This CHNA began in September 2012 and was completed and approved by Bronson Healthcare's Board of Directors on November 22, 2013. The CHNA was conducted by Bronson Healthcare staff and VIP Research in collaboration with South Haven Hospital. Data on health needs were derived using four methods:
- Data gathered and analyzed from secondary sources such as US Census, Michigan Department of Community Health, and the Center for Disease Control (CDC),
- A paper-based survey, made available at health clinic waiting rooms, generating 182 responses,
- An online survey completed by 14 key informants that were selected based on their extensive knowledge and expertise on public health issues or experience with subpopulations impacted by most healthcare issues, and
- Key informant interviews with representatives of the community with unique knowledge of health issues affecting the community.
These data were analyzed to identify the top health needs of residents of Van Buren County:
- Access to healthcare
- Addiction (smoking, alcohol)
- Chronic disease management
- Health literacy & preventative education
- Mental health
Click here to read Bronson LakeView Hospital's complete CHNA report. If you have any questions or comments, please contact Amy Terry, community health coordinator, at (269) 341-6104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.